United Way of Northeast Arkansas has partnered with Southern Bancorp for VITA 2023. In partnership with the IRS, we are offering free tax filing services this tax season through the IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Program (VITA). IRS certified volunteers work with eligible taxpayers to assist with the preparation of basic tax returns and will electronically file those returns once they have been reviewed. Services are available for anyone making $60,000 or less.
If you would like your taxes filed through the free program, the following locations will be open for drop off Tuesday and Thursday from 9am-4pm.
January 24th - April 18th
326 Hwy 463 N
February 28th - April 18th
2508 E Highland Drive
SUPER TAX DAY, MARCH 25, 10AM - 3PM
We will also be hosting a Super Tax Day Event on Saturday, March 25th, 10am-3pm at St. Bernard's Auditorium. All services at this event are FREE to the community.
This event will include the following:
- VITA tax filing program
- Financial services
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library sign up
- Single Care Prescription Card services
- Insurance services
- Notary services
- Checking and savings account services
- Free legal clinic offering Estate Planning, including simple wills, powers of attorney, advanced directives, and beneficiary deeds
- Record Sealing Document Preparation (MUST SIGN UP PRIOR TO EVENT, PLEASE CLICK HERE)
- And much MORE!
More to come in February on this exciting event!
Documents you may need to complete your tax return:
- For married filing joint, BOTH SPOUSES MUST BE PRESENT
- Valid Photo ID for you and spouse, if filing jointly
- Social Security cards or (ITIN) for you, your spouse and dependents
- Income documents, including but not limited to W-2, 1098-T, 1099-R, 1099-MISC
- Interest and dividend statements from banks, Form 1099
- Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, Form 1095-A
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Letter 6419-Advanced Child Tax Credit
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to childcare provider and provider’s tax ID number (social security number or business employer identification number)
- For married filing separately, spouse social security number & note of standard deduction or itemized deduction
- For direct deposit of refund - proof of account and routing numbers from bank (voided check will work)
- Copy of last year's tax return
- Notice 1444 (Economic Impact Payment total amount received)
Common out of scope situations may be found here.